Crows Eat Dog Poo!

I think I have solved the mystery of why people are finding bags of dog poo hung in trees above bins. Of course the dog walkers were being blamed for throwing bags of shite into the trees :0 But being a dog walker myself this has really puzzled me. Why would someone go to the trouble of picking up their dogs mess, only to get to the bin and decide to launch it into a tree? Nope! I am not buying that.

There have been complaints in the press about this phenomenon, and I have seen it many times.

Yesterday I think I figured out who the culprit was, something had been attacking bin bags that were waiting outside of my house to go into the wheelie bins. I was watching a large crow pulling something from the bag from my window, and realised it was dog poo that my partner had put in the outside bin. I went outside and re-bagged the now ripped bin bag, placing the contents back in the bag.


A few minutes later and the crow was back, it ripped the bag open again, and this time took the bag of excrement and flew away to the roof of our neighbouring flats. I could not see what he was doing up there with the bag of poop.

I went out and came home a bit later on, when I got home I disturbed the crow, he had opened the bag again, and found another bag of dog poo. This bag he had opened, and here's the worst part... He was eating it :0

I don't normally leave bin bags outside my home, but my wheelie bin was full and waiting to be emptied, I took the bag of rubbish away and put out a bowl of water and some food for the crow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcomed :)