Went Out Looking For Summer Truffles - Found An Old Instrument Instead!

The picture shows the instrument I found, it is hollow, and has a large hole at the top, one at the back, and two holes further down, it is snapped.

I am getting used to finding weird things in the woods, but this one was quite surprising!

I was out just now looking for truffles.., summer truffles grow in the UK, and I was just curious to see if I could find any of the signs that they are growing near me. Anyway I was in an old piece of wood, which I found marked on an old map as 'A square' it is quite puzzling as to why it's called a square because now it is just trees.



I was looking around the bottom of the trees trying to spot any which had a burnt ring of grass round them, when I saw a funny piece of wood out of the corner of my eye. I picked it up and found that it was a piece of wood that someone had fashioned into an instrument, like a recorder! How bizarre and cool! I half expected Pan to appear with his pipes.

The instrument is snapped and broken, but you can clearly see the holes on the front, and the little hole on the back, the instrument has been hollowed out. I don't know how old it is, or when it was carved, but I was really happy to find it.

I have taken 3 pictures the front, the back, and the inside.

As for the truffles we did not find any, but I did tell my neighbour that a sheep turd was a truffle and he picked it up and started smelling it - Hahaha. I love tricking my neighbour!


No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcomed :)