Found Some Amber on the Beach :)

Yay! I managed to find two pieces of amber the other day, just lying there on the beach. I was not looking for amber at the time, just shells and stuff, I picked up the piece of amber because it looked like a yellow colored quartz pebble, but when I lifted it up it felt really light. I was not expecting this, for a moment I actually thought it was a piece of sucked toffee and screamed, lol! Then I realised it could be amber and put it in my bag to look at later.

The next piece that I found, I actually thought was a bit of plastic. It is not a rough piece, it's ready cut and looks like it has come out of some jewellery and got broken up a bit by the sea. This one has a lot of sparkling 'fish scales' inside it, which looked like flecks of gold when I saw it on the beach.



When I got home I did some reading up and found a report of amber found on that particular beach, I burnt the pieces of amber and they both gave off the distinct pine smell. Both pieces were found amongst the seaweed on the high tide mark.





No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcomed :)