Latest Pebble And Sea Glass Finds - From Herne Bay East Beach

Quite a lot of sea glass picked up from the beach at Herne Bay to Beltinge. All of this was hiding in the shingle bank, which sits above a strip of sand.

I found some yellow, aqua blue, and one brown piece amongst the usual greens and whites. I also found a large piece of olive green coloured beach glass, which when dry looks like a regular stone.

This one has been frosted a lot more than the others, and is much thicker, so I guess that piece is probably much older and has had a lot more battering from the sea. You can see it at the front of this picture of the sea glass I found at Herne Bay.



The pictures below show some of the different colors I found.

Pic 1; All of the different colored sea glass, found at Herne Bay East Beach sorted out.


Pic 2; Light aqua colored sea glass compared to white sea glass.


Pic 3, Light yellow sea glass compared to white sea glass.


Pic 4; A lot of green coloured sea glass found at Herne Bay, there are different shades of green amongst them, but sorting them was a nightmare so I lumped most of the greens together.



I found some really pretty pebbles and lots of colourful quartz pebbles, which had been made really smooth by the sea.


There were lots of pretty pinkish coloured quartz pebbles too, and colourful sandstone and basalt? which have veins of quartz running through them. I picked up the larges piece in the pic below because it looks like a cross when placed upright, so this is how I am going to display it.



Other things I found on this visit were a piece of pot with stamped letters, some pretty shells and pieces of shell that head been worn by the sea, and pieces of sea brick and sea pottery.


For an in-depth guide to beach combing at Herne Bay please check out my Beach combing guide to Herne Bay

Oh, I almost forgot! I also found this weird red and yellow stone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcomed :)