Treasure Hunting Dangers!


I have had to make myself a list of 'unbreakable' rules for any forays into the wild, I've done this because I do things on impulsively on instinct and usually it's the wrong instinct!

When I was young I found an adder under a log, I knew it was an adder and knew they are venomous, my first reaction? To grab it by the tail of course and pull it out! Luckily it shot into the bushes like lightning and I didn't catch it.

Sometimes excitement can really take a hold and that's when accidents can happen. I have lost count of the times I have fallen in lakes, rivers, got stuck in mud, scrambled up cliffs, squeezed into caves, and ingested germs!

I'm quite good now days, I'm especially safe around anything that can kill me :) but still when I go out hunting for objects I find I have to remind myself of the following 5 things...

5 Treasure Hunting Dangers


  • Medieval glass can still cut you!
  • Stop tugging at rusty metal with bare hands!
  • Yuck germs!
  • If it looks like a bomb, it probably is a bomb, stop poking it!
  • Take a while to look up instead of down, are there loose branches that can fall on your head? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcomed :)