Forest Coloring Pages And Activities

Woodland Scenes For Little Kids And Big Kids Like Me!


Lots of great pictures, and coloring pages, for kids of all ages to enjoy. Find out about the forest habitat, the animals that live in it, and color to your hearts content!

I will be adding many cool crafts and ideas on how to use forest coloring pages for a range of fun activites for kids, and also some of my own designs for kids to print off and color.

Image Credit: The image is from a coloring page I made from a photo of mine, and am coloring, you can find this picture and a step by step further down the page. You can also find out about some of my adventures camping in the woods...


Camping In The Woods!


I used to go camping in the woods quite often, I have a large one with-in walking distance of my house and have spent many happy times there camping and relaxing in the natural pool that is formed by the small river that runs through it.

There are plenty of fun things to do in there, we used to follow the streams, actually walking in them, make rope swings, make camp fires and cook food, and of course build tree-houses. You might think I am talking about doing these things as a child but actually I have been doing them from a child until the age of 30+ :) Apart from the tree house making, as I now suffer with vertigo.

I have spent plenty of nights out in the woods, one memorable night we went to sleep and woke up with the tent door wide open. Neither of us had gone out there in the night, or opened it....very strange.

Another time I took a photo in the same forest and a weird image of a small gnome type creature showed up, it kind of freaked me out and I have not actually camped there since, but still love to visit it in day light.

Image Credit: It's me in the woods, in case you are wondering I am wearing knitted green slippers on my feet in the river.... lol.

A Couple of Forest Coloring Pages That I Drew







My Own D.I.Y Coloring Design From A Photo


For my D.I.Y Forest coloring page I am using pantone markers which are very expensive graphic design pens, I don't imagine people have these lying around but they are amazing pens for blending. A cheaper substitute is the Letraset Promarker pens, which in my oppinion are as good at blending.

You are welcome to save and print off my outlines from the pictures above if you want to have a go at this coloring project.

Step By Step - Forest Coloring Page From My Photo - Using Pantone Markers And Blending Colors



Free Printable Forest Scenes To Color


These coloring pages feature scenes from in and around the forest, this could be a panorama of trees, or a scene featuring a mountain and woodland. There are some lovely designs here, I have included a mix of difficulties so there is something for kids of all ages. (And also adults.)



Red Deadnettle Coloring Page From A Photo I Took - You are welcome to save and print the line drawing to color, click on the thumbnail below the photo to enlarge

 

Woodland Trees And Plants Coloring Sheets


These sheets have beautiful images of the different plants, mushrooms, trees, and bushes that grow together in the woods.

  • 16 Forest Coloring Pages - Trees And Mushrooms
    This set of 16 pages concentraits on trees, mushrooms and a few lovely woodland scenes. The trees and mushrooms are nice and easy and are suitable for toddlers too, the forest scenes are a little more advanced.
  • 13 Easy Tree Coloring Sheets
    These pages have 13 great tree design, perfect for the younger colorer.
  • 9 Medium Difficulty Tree Coloring Designs
    These designs feature interesting shaped trees with a medium difficulty rating, see my tree crafts section for ideas on what else to do with tree coloring pages.
  • Acorn Coloring
    Lots of cute acorns to color in all different styles, includes some really cute squirrel and acorn coloring pages too.
Pretty Wild Flower Coloring Pages
  • These lovely wildflower coloring designs include many woodland flowers, a great way to learn to identify different wild plants.

Listen To The Sounds Of The Forest - You can hear birds and animals in the video sound clip

This relaxation video plays sounds from the forest, this can include birds calling and singing, insects, and different animals. Also the sound of wind breezing through the trees. Sounds like this are nice to immerse your child into a woodland environment and could be played whilst your child colors..you never now it might make them quieter and more relaxed too.



Forest Animal Coloring Pages



No comments:

Post a Comment

comments are welcomed :)